Old German Honey Cookies
Make It... Rate It
An old world recipe that will make your sweet tooth happy. Some of the best cookies recipes come from Germany.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup Huckle Bee Farms Wild Flower Raw Honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt together sugar, shortening and Honey. Let cool.
- Mix together eggs, vanilla, baking soda and ginger. Gradually add to cooled Honey mixture.
- Slowly add 4 cups of flour to mixture. Stir until well blended. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) until golden (about 12-15 minutes).
Huckle Bee Farms