Kielbasa & Sauerkraut with Honey Mustard Sauce
An easy New Year’s recipe to bring good luck! After you try this one, you’ll want to make this every year.
- 1 1/2 lbs. smoked Polska kielbasa
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cups sauerkraut, drained
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup Huckle Bee Farms Raw Honey
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- 1 Tbsp. prepared horseradish
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Cut kielbasa into 3-inch lengths and butterfly lengthwise. Place on a large skillet and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side turning frequently. Transfer kielbasa to a baking sheet and place in oven to bake for another 5 to 6 minutes.
- In the same skillet over medium-high heat, add butter and sugar. Allow sugar to cook to a golden brown color. Add onions and cook until caramelized. Stir in sauerkraut and cook for 5 to 6 minutes until onions and sauerkraut are wilted and colored. Remove kielbasa from oven and cut into 1-inch pieces. Add cut kielbasa to the skillet and toss together.
- In a small bowl, mix mustard, HONEY, cayenne, horseradish, salt and pepper until well combined. Transfer kielbasa to a platter, garnish with parsley and serve with honey mustard sauce.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.