Icebox Honey Cookies
Make It... Rate It
Wow, Thank you Barb for what a wonderful tasting cookie recipe. She stopped by our booth to share some that where made with our honey. They where amazing as she used our Razzleberry Honey and they actually do change flavors. Pick any Infused Honey to satisfied your taste buds.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch YIELD: 8 dozen.
- 1-1/2 cups shortening
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup favorite Infused Honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract (I use vanilla extract when using flavored honey)
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in honey and extract. Combine remaining ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Shape into two 12-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- 3. Preheat oven to 325°. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Recipe from Taste of Home
Pick your favorite Infused Honey to add Flavor
Huckle Bee Farms