Mango Habanero Chicken Wings
Make It... Rate It
- 1.5 lbs chicken wing drummettes
- 1 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 cup diced ripe mango (about 6 oz)
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup gluten-free tamari (or soy sauce if not gluten-free)
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp honey (Huckle Bee Farms Habanero Honey)
- 2 tbsp cornstarch + ¼ cup cold water (mixed together in a bowl)*
- Preheat oven at 400F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Toss the chicken with salt, pepper and oil. Bake at 440F for 30-35 minutes, until cooked through and chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165F. Broil the chicken for 5 minutes until crispy. Then remove from the oven and brush the chicken with the sauce (directions for the sauce below). Broil for another 3-5 minutes, until sticky and delicious looking.
- To make the sauce, add 1 cup water, tamari, Huckle Bee Farms Habanero Honey and mango to a food processor. Blend until smooth. Place in a small pot over medium heat and bring to a boil. Add ginger, garlic powder and honey. Bring down heat to medium low. Add the cornstarch and water slurry into the pot and stir until it thickens. Let cook for 10-15 minutes.
NOTES*To make the slurry, mix together cornstarch and cold water in a small bowl until no clumps of cornstarch remain. This will be the thickener for the sauce.
Huckle Bee Farms